Tucson Gastroenterology Institute is a state-of-the-art facility that specializes in providing services to patients requiring gastrointestinal endoscopy. Since its inception in 2000, our board certified physicians and highly trained nursing and support staff have been committed to the delivery of quality patient care in a comfortable atmosphere of compassion, understanding, and respect for human dignity.
Endoscopy Center Information
- Owned and operated by Tucson Gastroenterology Specialists Physicians.
- Licensed by Medicare and the State of Arizona as an Ambulatory Surgery Center.
- Fully staffed with ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) certified nurses and medical staff.
- Provides a convenient option for most patients.
- Accepts most health plans.
- Provides referring physicians rapid procedure and pathology results.
The Day of your Procedure
To make your visit with us as comfortable as possible, please take a moment and review some helpful information:
- Arrive at your scheduled check-in time.
- Bring a list of your medication(s) and dosages.
- Bring your insurance card(s)
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes on the day of your procedure.
- If you have any questions prior to your procedure date, please call (520) 327-3454 during normal business hours and press option #3 to speak with a staff member.
- Plan on being with us 1½ – 2 ½ hours. If possible, please leave small children at home in more comfortable surroundings.
- You will be sedated during your procedure, therefore you will require a driver to take you home after your procedure.
- You may not walk home or use public transportation after your procedure.
Facility Billing Information
Facility billing is different than physician billing and includes a number of services that are included in a global fee that is sent to your insurance company. Your global facility fee includes the following services:
- Use of the endoscopy suite and the associated endoscopic equipment
- Nursing services provided during your procedure
- Medications, to include the sedation/anesthesia
- Medical supplies
- Administrative services
By utilizing a free standing Endoscopy Center, the associated fees and charges that are billed to your insurance company are traditionally much less than the charges and fees that are billed by a hospital based surgery center. If you have any questions about facility billing, please contact our professional billing staff at (520) 382-1145 and they will gladly assist you.
3040 N. Swan Road
Tucson, AZ 85712
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
6:30 am – 5:00 pm
Office Hours: We open our doors promptly at 6:30 am each morning, so please plan your arrival time accordingly.